10 Things To Do Before You Have
Professional Real Estate Photos Taken
Preparing your home for professional real estate photos can help make your property look its best and attract potential buyers. Here are ten things you can do before your realtor takes professional photos:
1. Declutter and clean: Remove any clutter and unnecessary items from the rooms. Clean all surfaces, including floors, countertops, and windows. Make sure the space is tidy and looks inviting.
2. Depersonalize: Remove any personal items such as family photos, personal collections, and memorabilia. This helps potential buyers visualize themselves living in the home.
3. Stage the space: Arrange furniture in a way that showcases the room's best features. Use accessories such as throw pillows, rugs, and artwork to add color and interest.
4. Maximize natural light: Open curtains and blinds to let natural light into the space. Turn on all lights to brighten up the rooms and create a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
5. Hide or remove pet items: Put away any pet toys, beds, or food and water bowls. Make sure any signs of pets, such as litter boxes or scratching posts, are removed from the photos.
6. Remove or cover up any controversial or potentially offensive items: This could include political or religious symbols, adult content, or anything that might be considered offensive or controversial.
7. Organize closets and storage spaces: Potential buyers will want to see the storage space in your home, so make sure closets and other storage areas are organized and clutter-free.
8. Make small repairs and touch-ups: Fix any minor repairs, such as loose doorknobs or dripping faucets. Touch up any scuffed or chipped paint.
9. Remove any seasonal decorations or holiday decor: You want potential buyers to be able to envision themselves in the space, so remove any seasonal decorations or holiday decor that may detract from the photos.
10. Consider curb appeal: Make sure the exterior of your home looks well-maintained and inviting. This could include adding a fresh coat of paint to the front door, planting flowers, or adding outdoor furniture to create a welcoming outdoor space.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your home is ready for professional real estate photos and will make a great first impression on potential buyers.